The city of Bellaire is closing city facilities, canceling a City Council meeting, and suspending everything but emergency services starting at 2 p.m. today (Monday, Sept. 13) due to Tropical Storm Nicholas.
While crews are working to complete today’s scheduled trash pickup, tomorrow’s collection is canceled, and the City Hall-Civic Center, recreation center and pools, library, and courts will be closed at least through Tuesday. Whether they reopen Wednesday will depend on how serious the effects of the storm are.
The city will post updates on its social media accounts on Facebook (@bellairetx.gov) and Twitter (@cityofBellaire), and advises residents to stay connected through these platforms:
- Sign up for emergency alerts PrepareBellaire
- Keep track of emergency related City services updates on the City of Bellairewebsite & social media platforms
- Sign up for Notify Me – Bellaire News and Information https://bellairetx.gov/list.aspx
- Sign up for the STEAR program if you need additional assistance in an emergency STEAR Program
- Stay informed of the current weather conditions with your preferred weather outlet
- Check out the National Hurricane Center https://www.nhc.noaa.gov