UPDATE: The city has delayed this event due to inclement weather and will make an announcement next week about when it will be rescheduled.
Bellaire’s citizens’ Environmental Sustainability Board is teaming up with the Public Works Department today (May 1) for their annual drive-thru recycling dropoff from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. in the parking lot of Condit Elementary School, 7000 S. Third St.
The event will go on in light rain, but it will be rescheduled in event of heavy rain, thunder and lightning. Updates will be posted on the city’s social media accounts on Facebook, NextDoor and Twitter.
Among the items that can be deposited are paper for shredding, scrap metal, electronics and small appliances, computers and accessories, older cathode ray tube (CRT) TVs up to 27 inches (no wooden enclosures); LCD, LED and plasma TVs up to 50 inches, radios and stereos.
Strict COVID protocols will be observed:
- Participants must stay in vehicles at all times
- Walk-ups will not be allowed
- Traffic flow will be strictly enforced
- Participants will not be allowed to park or pull to the side and stop
- Everyone in the vehicle must wear masks while windows/doors are open at drop off
- All items will be collected by staff or vendors
- All items must be placed in the trunk of the car or back of the truck
- For SUV’s, items must be placed in the rear cargo area, everyone in the SUV must wear masks while items are collected from the back of the SUV
- Items will not be collected from the back seat or front seat of any vehicle
- Items shall be organized, separated, and clearly labeled as to what type of item being recycled
- Participants may not hand items to staff for recycling through the window or otherwise
- Staff/vendors will be required to wear masks at all times
- Masks, disposable gloves, sanitizing wipes, and hand sanitizer will be made available