Six grants totaling $16,000 will go to Bellaire High School teachers this fall as part of the Parent Teacher Organization’s Fall 2009 Grant Cycle.
“The Committee recognizes the many worthy efforts of teachers who submitted proposals for the Fall Grant Cycle,” wrote PTO Teacher Grants Committee Co-Chairs Ruth Reid and Dena Robinson. “The entire PTO appreciates all of our teachers and staff who work so diligently all year long on our children’s behalf.”
According to the “Bellaire High School Today” newsletter, the following teachers will receive grants:
- Michael Kramer will receive $2,650 for golf and basketball equipment and uniforms.
- Five teachers and football coaches will receive $2,500 for uniforms.
- Trey Sissom will receive $2,500 for video equipment for health, football and track.
- Three teachers and wrestling coaches will receive $1,850 for equipment.
- Sanja Korman will receive $3,000 for new mirrors for dance.
- Linda Hopson will receive $3,000 for video equipment for the newspaper and journalism department.